Monday, January 5, 2009

Take that, January


Align LeftOh January. You take our lights and scents and parties away and you make us all go back to the office or the classroom or the lonely life as a housewife :0). You, with your frigid presence and your high expectations. You force us to make new goals, then you laugh at them and coerce us to just sit there on our newly-plump butts and surf the Web in our once-festive, but now-gloomy homes. You offer nothing to celebrate.

So how do I survive you, you month-long emotional leech?

See's truffles. My mom always sends a box and I find a way to stretch them out at least halfway through the month. They give me a little bit of therapy each day.

Take that, January!

7 comments:

mckenzie said...

amen!

Brooke said...

The best are the key lime truffles. mmmm....

Unknown said...

Love this post!

Anonymous said...

I am stretching out ours also!
Can you diet and eat truffles at the same time?
N & J

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I thought of your post today as it was so dark and rainy all day. I wish I had some truffles

Valerie said...

Can I have one?

Kera said...

you said it! too bad my ADDICTION is melting peanut butter and chocolate chips in a cup and eating it with a spoon. I know its disgusting but when I say its an addiction, I mean it... I can't stop. You would think there was meth in the chocolate!!! I try to tell myself that the baby I am growing inside of me must be needing something in that concoction but I just don't think its true :(