Monday, March 23, 2009

Flat stanley visits Virginia

Flat Stanley visited us via my cute cousin Annie and we took him around to some of the sites that make the Commonwealth of Virginia famous. There was a lot for Flat Stanley to see in the area in which we are located, just across the river from our nation's capital. We visited Mount Vernon, the home of the very first POTUS, as well as his grave; the graves of many of the men and women who died serving our country at Arlington National Cemetery; and the U.S. Marine Corps Memorial, a large statue depicting a famous photo taken during the battle of Iwo Jima during the second World War.

It sometimes takes something like Flat Stanley to remind me that I live in such a great place.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I've also played host to Flat Stanley. I guess he can't get enough of the nation's capitol.

mckenzie said...

too bad i live where annie lives. i would totally take him/her around.

Kipp and Ashlee said...

I have "Flat Bronco Boy" from my nephew to take around Utah. Way to make my Flat Stanley look lame compared to yours. Actually, I might just steal your pictures.

The Roe Family said...

if flat stanley ever make to vegas make sure to bring a blind fold. or he may not be flat anymore