Monday, May 9, 2011

My mother's day

My mother's day was a great one.

 Ethan planted a flower that he has been growing for me for the past few months. He sang to me at church and also presented me with a packet he put together at preschool, which included his handprint and a hilarious fill-in-the-blank interview. Part of it went like this: "My mom is as pretty as a..." His answer? "Shark!" I know, sharks are simply beautiful.

Ryan made me dinner on our awesome new little charcoal grill, which happened to cook one of the best steaks I have ever had in my life. Isn't it a cute little grill?

And Ruby made us laugh all day long. At one point I swear she said, "Here you go, big mommy," as she handed me her toy.
I sure love being mom to these crazy kids...

...who got progressively dirtier as the day wore on.



And I'm thankful for dads, who are willing to spray them off at the end of the day.


6 comments:

mckenzie said...

Nice camera Meg! :)

Kera said...

love the grill. where did you find such a thing?

M said...

Kera-
We got the grill at Target. It was around $30 and we are quite pleased with it :-).

Katy said...

You make cute kids:) Last night as I was laying in bed my thoughts drifted to the good old days of elementary school and how much fun I had playing at your house. Good times:)

Belle said...

Your son must love sharks! So cute. Your kids are so cute.

M said...

Great pics. I want to eat your kids with a spoon--they are too cute!